Low carb. This recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home Cooking magazine.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or bagged coleslaw mix
- 6 teaspoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced or 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper
Heat 3 tsp of oil in a skillet or a stir fry pan. Add cabbage and stir fry cabbage for about 2 minutes or until tender. Remove cabbage and keep warmed; sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. In the same pan, add 3 tsp of oil and stir fry onions and garlic until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; cook until shrimp turns pink. Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes, stir. Serve shrimp mixture over cabbage.